Tuesday, April 5, 2011

i wärde gah nach Berlin donnschtig!!!!

Or in High german... ich werde gehen nach Berlin donnerstags. Which in english means I will go to Berlin on Thursday. At least that is what I hope it means haha. I tried to do my best translation, and wow is this stuff hard. But at least I will be in Germany for 4 days so that should help my german.

Ok so quickly before I go into verbs let's start with grammatik :)
Instead of doing a whole chart I am going to start with just the basic personal pronouns
english - high german - swiss german

I - ich - i(g)
you - du - du
he - er - är
she - sie - si
it - es - äs
we - wir - mir
you (plural) - ihr - dihr
they - sie - si

So let's take the verb "to go" which in High german is gehen and in bärndütsch is gah or gange, but I am just going to be focusing on using gah.

i gah/gange (I GO)
du geisch (YOU GO)
är, si, äs geit (HE, SHE, IT GOES)
mir göh (WE GO)
dihr göht (YOU ALL GO)
si göh (THEY GO)

No comments:

Post a Comment